The Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative drives the strengthening of principle-based ethics education, with the ultimate goal of instilling a high standard of ethics in our young people.
Based on Bill Daniels’ personal commitment to ethics and integrity, the Daniels Fund Board of Directors established the Ethics Initiative Collegiate Program in 2009 as a five-year pilot.The effort was officially launched in early 2010 with eight business schools at universities in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming as initial partners. Due to its success during the pilot phase, the Ethics Initiative Collegiate Program was renewed in 2014 for an additional five years (2015 – 2019) and expanded the number of partners to ten business schools and one law school, including the CU Denver Business School.
The Ethics Initiative is anchored in each partner school, with the school responsible for designing and implementing the Ethics Initiative on their campus to advance these defined objectives:
- Student learning
- Involvement of the business community
- Collaboration through the Daniels Fund Ethics Consortium
- Outreach to other educational institutions of higher education and community constituents
- Outreach to non-business disciplines on campus
Our consortium leverages the achievement of our individual business schools to strengthen ethics education across the region.
- Colorado Mesa University
- Colorado State University
- New Mexico State University
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Colorado Law School
- University of Denver
- University of New Mexico
- University of Northern Colorado
- University of Utah
- University of Wyoming