The advising staff welcomes you to the Business School at the University of Colorado Denver as a Managing for Sustainability Certificate student! Thank you for selecting CU Denver.
As academic advisors, our goal is to help you select courses and assist with registration. If you eventually apply and are admitted to one of our graduate degree programs, we will also be the team to help you navigate your whole degree program.
For more information about advising, please visit our graduate advising page.
• Check your CU Denver email consistently so you do not miss any time sensitive announcements; this email account is used for all university correspondence.
• Do not miss deadlines! Review and adhere to the university academic calendar and billing calendar. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with the registration and/or drop process.
• In order for us to award the certificate on your transcript, you will need to self-report successful completion of your four courses to the advising team. During the last semester of your final certificate courses, please email us at email@example.com and request that your certificate be awarded on your transcripts at the end of the semester.
• Each term, you are assigned a specific enrollment date and time (students cannot register until on or after their enrollment date and time). In UCD Access, from the “Student Center”, click on “All Student Functions”, then click on the “Register for Classes” icon. See the box entitled “Enrollment Appointment” to determine your enrollment date and click on “details” for the specific time. Register on your assigned date and time to avoid waitlists; online classes can fill quickly.
• Please see the “How to: Search and Enroll for Classes guide” for instructions on how to use UCD Access to register for classes.
Managing for Sustainability Certificate Courses
To earn a Managing for Sustainability Certificate, you must complete any four of the following graduate Business School courses:
- ACCT 6285 – Accounting and Finance for Sustainability
- BANA 6730 – Supply Change Management
- ENTP 6030 – Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets
- MGMT 6821 – Managing for Sustainability
- MGMT 6822 – Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
- MGMT 6825 – Sustainable Change Leadership: Turning Business Into a Force for Good
- MGMT 6826– Business and the Natural Environment
- MGMT 6827 – Global Climate Change
- MKTG 6830 – Marketing and Global Sustainability
Please be aware that not all of the above courses are offered every semester. Formats for how courses are offered can vary depending on the class (on-campus, online, hybrid).
As academic advisors, our goal is to help you successfully navigate your program. For more information about our services, please review our graduate advising page. We offer:
- Thirty-minute appointments that can be conducted via phone or in-person. To schedule an appointment, please call 303-315-8110.
- Advising by email can be done by sending your advising question to firstname.lastname@example.org
When reaching out to our advising team, please identify yourself as a student pursuing our Managing for Sustainability Certificate so we can best assist you.
We look forward to connecting with you in the near future!
The Grad Advising Team